Help.com is excited to celebrate our CEO Adam Farrar’s birthday. Adam joined the team as CEO in February 2018, and we couldn’t be happier to have him here. As a token of our appreciation (and a nod to National Boss’s Day), we wanted to dedicate this post to everything Adam Farrar.
Fun Facts about Adam
- Adam grew up in Lufkin, Texas.
- He commutes from Houston to Austin every week for work (that’s three hours each way, plus traffic!).
- He’s a family man: a proud father and husband.
- Adam started out as a customer service rep for HostGator. He was promoted four times within the company. After three years of working, he became the CEO.
- According to our Product Owner Chris Borsheim, Adam was once the lead singer of an emo/screamo band called The Burning Leaves of Autumn (we’re dying to hear him now).
- He’s a big fan of Tiff’s Treats (and so are we)! Nothing like warm cookies delivered to your door.
- Adam is awesome.
Why Adam Rocks
- “He’s definitely the first CEO I’ve worked for that goes out of their way to tell you you’re appreciated on a regular basis.” – Pat Webster, DevOps
- “When I asked to take charge of hiring, I mentioned that introducing diversity to the company was a priority for me. His response was, ‘Great, it’s mine too.'” – Eric Hofs, Frontend Engineer
- “He’s generous and well tempered.” – Chris Borsheim, Product Owner
- “He actually wants to know about how I’m doing as a person, in a real ‘I care about you’ way. ❤️” – Chance Eakin, Frontend Engineer
- “Adam created an environment where we’re all family, we eat together, we hang out together. He created a friendly environment. He has a good view of the company and moves us all to work in the right direction.” – Ilya Avrukin, QA Engineer
- “He gives a sh*t about his employees.” – Evan Lucas, CTO
- “One word I would use to describe Adam is ‘genuine.’ I have never experienced that with someone who is also a CEO, and I’ve worked with many.” – Claude McCracken, QA Engineer
- “During my hiring process, Adam made sure to let me know that everyone was super excited to have me on board and made me feel like part of team before I had even started.” – Mike Pearson, Site Reliability Engineer
- “He always makes you feel like he has your back.” – Justin Griffith, Backend Engineer
- “He sees his job as empowering the team and removing any blockers so that we can do our best work.” – Rob Sheely, Frontend Engineer
- “I enjoy my job because of the way Adam runs this company. As CEO, you set the tone for the rest of the team. Leading by example, he has created a culture that is positive, productive, and motivates me to do better.” – Raquel Guarino, Content Strategist
- “He regularly reaches out just to say, ‘How are you doing?’ I got mine yesterday 🙂.” – Darin Spivey, Lead Backend Engineer
Happy Birthday, Adam! Thanks for being you.
– The Help.com Team