Authored by Raquel Guarino
Maria Elena Duron is an expert in Google, marketing, and SEO. She helps small businesses, startups, creators, and execs manage and develop their personal brands in the ever-changing digital world. This is the third of a multi-part series.
Ever wondered how to use Google tools to take your business to the next level? Google Local expert Maria Elena Duron has some important, actionable tips for you. All you need is a Google account to get started.
Google Ads can be a great way to increase your visibility and reach the right customers, says Duron. They can also appear on partner websites. Here's what Duron suggests to give your search engine marketing a boost.
- Define goals in advance. Solidify your goals with a deadline and a definition of what success means for you. The more specific, the better.
- Create compelling ads. Experiment with A/B testing to understand what kind of content appeals to your target market.
- Control where ads are displayed. Once you know what works, use A/B testing again to choose which avenues work best for your ads. It's better to invest more money into one space than spread your resources evenly, says Duron.
- Pay for clicks or phone calls. This is a popular method of marketing that has proven to work.
- Track performance and improve. If you don't measure your progress, it's impossible to know whether your strategies are working or not.
One tool to track performance is through Google Analytics, which offers free and powerful web analytics. Google Analytics' reports show how visitors found your website and what they did when they got there. It also measures the effectiveness of your online and offline marketing campaigns, such as the ones you may have used with Google Ads. Using these reports, you can also learn what people are searching and looking for when they need your services.
On top of Google Ads and Analytics, Duron suggests consulting Google Business Team for free one-on-one support. To make your business as accessible as possible, Duron also says it's important to set up your own Google My Business profile. You can learn more about how to do that here.